Hi, Friends! Today I am super excited to share one of my favorite recipes, Apple Rose Cake! A fun fact about me is that I love to bake. My sisters and I have been baking since we were kids and we would try all different types of fun baking techniques such as practicing piping or even using fondant. So baking holds a special place in my heart because it always reminds me of my childhood 🙂 And one of my favorite seasons for baking is definitely the fall and winter! After going apple picking, I love to come back home and bake up some tasty treats.
As some of you may have seen on Instagram, I recently baked one of my signature cakes. Every Thanksgiving I bake this cake and it is always a hit! Not only does it look super cute, it also tastes DELICIOUS!! 😍 Many of you have been asking for me to share the recipe, so I’ve included the recipe below. Enjoy 🙂
Apple Cream Cheese Cake
I saw this recipe on Baked by Rachel’s blog and was instantly grabbed and wanted to try this recipe as soon as I could! Her recipe calls for making this cake in a bundt style, but I made the cake in a 10in circular cake pan 🙂
Prep Time: 15 mins
Bake Time: 1hr 15 mins
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon (I love a lot of cinnamon! )
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups peeled and finely chopped Gala apples about 2-3 medium apples (I used 4 cups because I like it extra appley)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the cream cheese, butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until well combined and smooth. Add the egg, flour and vanilla and continue beating just until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, both sugars, the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice together. Add the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla and mix just until combined (I started with a whisk and switched to a rubber spatula). Fold in the chopped apples until distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon about 1/2 to 2/3 of the cake batter into the prepared 12-cup bundt pan. Top evenly with the cream cheese filling, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the pan (I found this tricky, just do the best you can). Use a thin paring knife to swirl the cream cheese filling with the cake batter just a few times – less is more. Top the filling with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack and allow to cool completely (at least 2 hours).
And there you go! 🙂 Here is a little peak into what in the inside of the cake looks like with the cream cheese swirl. As I mentioned in the ingredients list, I used 4 cups of chopped apples instead of 3 cups and everyone really loved the extra apple taste! If you’ve given this recipe a try let me know how it came out!